As the world turns...
Well, it's official. I am no longer employed for Factory 2-U. I have been laid off. F2U has been in Chapter 11 since January and was just purchased by a collection of interests lead by National Stores (who operates Fallas Paredes). Though technically it still exists to finish up all the paying off of creditors, etc. and to assist in the transition of assets to Fallas. Larry was also given his leave today too.
On the up side, Sandy and Amy are still employed with F2U, though for how much longer is still unknown. Probably at least for another month, maybe more. Also, my bosses (Mark and Maris) both really like Larry and I as employees. Those two have been given offers by Fallas and they in turn are expecting to re-hire Larry and I soon. So basically, if all goes well we'll be employed again doing the same job with the same people, just for a different company. I should have a better idea of what's going to happen on Tuesday.
In other news, I took my bad DIMM back to ChipsandMemory. The DIMM is under warranty with the manufacturer and I was told if I brought it in they would send it off for me. However, they just did a straight out exchange. How cool is that? Now I just got to install it, I hope I can find the time... HA!
And finally, it looks like GoDaddy got their shit together and propagated my domain forwarding. So, bobclemins.com is working now after my registrar transfer.
No comments:
Post a Comment